Only CYPRES owns the necessary unique technology to give you the utmost safety your AAD can provide.
- Unique cutter design – for a clean and reliable cut of the loop.
- Unique handling and haptic – very easy to use and proven to avoid unwanted input.
- Unique ground calibration – for maximum accuration. The only AAD which follows air pressure changes due to weather.
- Unique technical service – a worldwide maintenance system on its own that has yet to be matched. Comprehensive treatment and all applicable updates – flat rate with an attractive pricing. Recommended only every 5 and 10 years.
To make installation of the CYPRES AAD easy, literally all usual sport skydiving parachute containers are factory prepared for the CYPRES set-up. Verify with your container manufacturer / rigger that your system is CYPRES ready.
The Expert CYPRES 2 is the most commonly used model as it meets the demands of a wide range of jumpers.
The Speed CYPRES has the highest activation speed of any CYPRES model; 102mph (46mps) at a default altitude of 750 ft (225m) AGL. Unlike the other models, the Speed CYPRES ceases operation below 330 ft (100m) AGL.
- The Speed CYPRES is designed specifically to allow for extreme canopy piloting. The high actviation speed plus the feature that ceases operation below 330 ft are tailored for this discipline.
- The Speed CYPRES is designed to activate reliably in all “regular” freefall situations (without special equipment or pilot chute) when no canopy or drogue is out. For some activities the Speed CYPRES may not be suitable!!
The Changeable MODE (C-MODE) CYPRES 2 can be configured in the field to have the same activation parameters as the Sport models of CYPRES 2 (Expert, Student, Tandem or Speed).
- The 4 in 1 solution providing more application possibilities than any other AAD.
- This feature can be accomplished by a set series of control unit button pushes until the appropriate model can be selected. The setting procedures is specially designed to make unwanted changes impossible.
- The current model / setting version is visually recognizable on the control unit display when the unit is on.
The Student CYPRES 2 has unique activation parameters that better accommodate the safety needs of a student during the initial learning progression.
- If the descent rate is approximately the same rate as freefall, the unit will activate at approximately 750 ft (default setting, same as the Expert), but if the descent rate is lower than freefall speed and still above 29mph (e.g. with partially opened canopy), the unit will activate at approximately 1000 ft (300m) AGL (default setting).
The Tandem CYPRES 2 is specifically designed to be used on Tandem style skydives, thus the higher activation altitude to allow for the larger canopies being used. The descent rate for the activation is the same as with the Expert CYPRES (78mph / 35mps) but the default activation altitude is approximately 1900 ft (580m) AGL.
- Additional safety for the Tandem Passenger and Pilot
The WINGSUIT CYPRES 2
- An AAD Customized for the Wingsuit Community
- Virtually all AADs designed for skydiving have one parameter combination to define their activation. A certain height and a certain vertical speed make them activate. That has served the needs of skydivers since we launched the very first CYPRES device. Until Wing Suits appeared. They allow such slow vertical speed that the method of the last 90 years cannot deal with these conditions anymore. A new solution was necessary.
- The use of Wing Suits requires not one, but two parameter combinations during the same jump. One is needed for the duration of the Wing Suit Flight and another one is needed for the duration of the Canopy Flight.
- The WSC starts off by using the Wing Suit parameters, which covers specific Wing Suit flight risks. Once it detects the criteria of your canopy, it changes the Wing Suit parameters to the canopy parameters and informs you about the change.
Please Contact Us for Current delivery times.