The name says it all. A canopy designed by pilots for pilots.
When we made our "wish list" for an ultimately versatile canopy, we came up with terms that were echoed by canopy pilots around the world. Of course the list included characteristics like: consistent openings, excellent glide, predictable, responsive turns and great landings, but these are the "buzz words" that every equipment manufacturer uses. This is the analytical answer to the question. But experiencing canopy flight is more than just analysis. We had to try harder.
When we pushed farther, and were really willing to listen, we started hearing the more important needs, the soul of the pilot. We heard terms like "effortless", "fun", "confidence", "reliability", and "safety". We had finally reached the heart of a pilot.
We designed our Pilot to meet these needs. Our engineering and development team worked for well over a year developing and testing this new canopy. We can now say, we have the ultimate in versatile canopies that you have been looking for.
If you are looking for a canopy that you can truly enjoy, without the need to "work at it", then the Pilot is the canopy you have been waiting for. "Try one on for size", trust your feelings and you will not be disappointed. The Aerodyne Pilot: for people who love to fly.
- The new standard in versatility
- Comes standard with 725 lbs. Spectra lines, soft links and a slider with new "super lightweight" stainless steel grommets
- Made entirely of zero-p fabric for ultimate performance and longevity
- Colour coded line attachments for easier PRO packing
- Easy to control in all flight modes
- Designed by pilots for pilots
- Moderate "planform factor" provides excellent turn response without excessive oversteer
ZPX NYLON (OPTIONAL)
- An Aerodyne exclusive honeycomb structured fabric that is thinner and lighter, yet stronger than the regular ZP fabric we all know. This creates two great features: a 15 to 20% smaller pack volume (in comparison to a same sized ZP canopy) and a much easier pack job on even a brand new canopy.
ULTRA LPV BUILD
- A hybrid fabric build using Aerodyne exclusive materials. Constructed with a top skin and outer ribs of ZPX and bottom skin and inner ribs of FX11.
COLOURED PACKING TABS
- Frustration free packing with coloured packing tabs that allow for a speedy review of line groups during a pro-pack.
- 725 lb. Spectra
- 700 lb. HMA
- 700 lb. Vectran ZLX
- 600 lb. Dacron
When you order online here, we will contact you for colour choices. Alternatively if you would like more information, please Contact Us